- Regional pension-insurance agency
- 22 locations
- Approximately 2,000 employees
- Uniform communications equipment
- Cost reduction
Deutsche RentenversicherungRentenversicherung Berlin and Rentenversicherung Brandenburg, two separate pension insurers, underwent a merger in 2006. Since then, the new entity known as Rentenversicherung Berlin-Brandenburg has consisted of two main sites and twenty information centres that also provide advice to citizens. With its 2,000 or so salaried employees and civil servants (Beamte), the institution caters to the needs of more than 800,000 pensioners and 1.2 million insured individuals.
After the merger, the communications technology used by the formerly independent administrative centres had to be harmonised. Various telephone systems made by different vendors were in use at the sites, and in many cases the employees’ workstations were only networked within their own premises. Whenever staff at two different branch offices wished to phone each other, they had to do so using a normal outside line, so each call incurred costs. To reduce costs, the system needed to be converted to VoIP telephony.
An Aastra Enterprise Branch Node gateway was set up, which could be linked to the two Aastra MX-ONE® servers that already existed. The gateways are based on the existing MPLS network, which spans all the sites and the existing uniform LAN infrastructure. Each gateway continues to provide the sites with their own trunk lines. In addition, the analogue terminals were exchanged for IP phones. In just a few months, ten information and advice centres were incorporated in the group of ICT systems; further sites are to follow shortly. Today, internal calls can only be made via IP resulting in these being all free of charge. This solution includes calls between sites as well.
- Aastra Enterprise Branch Node gateways
- Dialog 4422 IP Office telephones
- Reduced telephone costs thanks to VoIP telephony
- Reduced administrative costs thanks to centralised management
- The telephone and fax numbers used at each site have all been retained, so nothing has changed for customers
- Simplified business processes
- New applications can be easily integrated